Mindfulness in Business
Mindfulness for business•
Introduction seminars. 1hr - 1.1/2 hr.
Away-days and training days.
•3hr Workshops Away-days, training days and in house presentations.
In house MBSR trainings based on key mindulness skills aimed at those wanting to improve the quality of communication and interpersonal skills of their work force, team leaders, and management. These sessions can be structured weekly or bi weekly sessions for as short as 1hr up to 3hrs depending on the situation / personnel schedules etc.
The benefit of Mindfulness is increased the ability to focus the mind in a singular way with less distraction. This focus creates awareness of what is actually happening in the present moment and also what is happening in a wider context.
Learning to focus attention in this way improves emotional awareness and intelligence. Increased emotional and mental awareness produces very positive results for each person and the environment within which they work.
The ability to monitor one’s own and others’ feelings and emotions, to discriminate among them and to use this information to guides one’s own thinking and actions. (P Salovey,D Mayer)
1. Self awareness: knowledge of one’s internal states, preferences resources and intuitions.
2. Self regulation: Management of ones internal states, impulses and resources.
3. Motivation: Emotional tendencies that guide or facilitate reaching goals.
4. Empathy: Awareness of others feelings and needs and concerns.
5. Social skills: Adeptness at inducing desirable responses in others. this leads to • Better work performance • Outstanding leadership • Optimizes sustainable happiness ; Not a mere pleasurable feeling, a fleeting emotion, or a mood but an optimal state of being. Matthieu Ricard ( the happiest man in the world).
The practice of mindfulness is not an escape from life. On the contrary, it is a gateway into the experience of interconnectedness and the interdependence out of which stem emotionally intelligent actions, new ways of being, and ultimately greater happiness, clarity, wisdom and kindness--- at work and in the world. Jon Kabat-Zinn.